January 2, 2024
Advanced Berry Breeding (ABB) located at Architronlaan 1, 5321 JJ in Hedel, The Netherlands, respects and protects the privacy of our customers and those who use our website, products and services.
Personal information is any information that identifies you or would enable someone to contact you, such as your name, email address, telephone number and other non-public information that is associated with the foregoing.
What information is collected?
Our websites may collect both personal identifiable information such as a name, email address or telephone number, place of business (country) and information about your use of our websites that is not identifiable to you directly such as the website pages you’ve viewed.
As you interact with our website, we collect technical data such as, IP address, browser type and version, browser plug-in types, time zone settings, operating system and platforms, and other technology on your device you use to access our websites, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this data by using cookies which is explained in further detail on the ‘Cookies Policy’ page.
How is information collected?
ABB will ask for your consent before we collect your personal information, as we are required to do so by law. We use different methods to collect your information, which may be through direct interaction. Direct interaction entails you providing your personal information by filling in forms or corresponding with us by post, email, telephone or otherwise.
This includes the personal information you provide when you inquire about products and/or services, download our publications (documents in PDF format), place an order, invoicing, request marketing material, subscribe to our newsletter, participate in a campaign, prize draw, survey or register for an event or webinar, contact us or give us feedback.
For what purpose is information collected?
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Disclosure of personal information
ABB may disclose your personal information to our affiliates, service providers or other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. We may transfer your personal information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of ABB assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information is among the assets transferred.
We may disclose your personal information to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including in response to a government or regulatory request, or when we believe that an applicable law, regulation, or legal process requires it. We also may create aggregate information from your personal information that does not identify any individual. We may use such aggregate information for our management and business purposes and may share this aggregated information with third parties. This aggregated information will not identify you or your personal information.
How long is personal information retained?
We retain the personal information you submit in order to answer your inquiries and/or to deliver any marketing emails and newsletters to which you subscribe to. If you request that we end your subscription(s), we will retain the personal information submitted for one year for the preparation of statistics and for processing your questions.
We will use this retention approach unless you tell us that you do not wish for ABB to keep this information for the one-year period. We will delete your information at your request.
Security and protection of information
ABB takes appropriate technical and organizational measures and reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, but do not and cannot guarantee such protection. The website uses HTTPS, which means all data communication through the website is encrypted.
Please bear in mind that transmissions over the Internet are not completely secure, and any information you send to or from our websites may be accessible by others. Therefore, we advise to always take particular care when deciding what information to send via email.
We use all reasonable efforts to process data in accordance with the laws of the countries in which we operate, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We take appropriate measures to protect the personal information you provide to us. Personal information includes any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person or data subject.
What data subject rights applies to you?
Users of ABB website have the right to:
- Request access: as a data subject you have the right to request access to the information we have about you. If you want to request access, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request rectification or correction: as a data subject you have the right to request rectification or correction of the inaccurate personal information we have about you. If you want to request rectification or correction, send an email to email@example.com
- Request erasure (“to be forgotten”): as a data subject you have the right to request the erasure of the personal information that we have about you. This right allows you to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. Please note, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which we will inform you about if applicable, at the time of your request. If you want to request erasure, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Object to processing: as a data subject you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information if you feel it impacts your fundamental rights and freedom.
- Request data portability/transfer: as a data subject you have the right to request a data transfer (to a third party). If you want to request a transfer, send an email to email@example.com
- Data storage: as a data subject you have the right to be informed about how your data is stored, for what period, and if its compliance with GDPR and the Dutch law and regulations.